In the 1990s, Helen Mussallem worked closely with Elizabeth Crawley to record her personal stories in an autobiography. They intended to address all of Dr. Mussallem’s life, from her childhood in Maple Ridge to her retirement years.
Only parts of sections 5, “The CNA Years,” and section 6.1.4., “Commonwealth Nurses Federation”, were written. The outline below reveals their original intentions for the autobiography project.
The text went through several handwritten and typewritten drafts, with corrections and revisions by Helen Mussallem and Elizabeth Crawley. This version of their work contains all of their completed text, arranged in chronological order.
View all posts in this series
- Autobiography Introduction - December 12, 2011
- Pilot Project for Evaluation of Schools of Nursing
- Appointment as Director of Special Studies – CNA
- Survey of 25 Schools of Nursing
- Executive Director – Canadian Nurses Association
- Canadian Nurses Foundation
- 1965 – 1966 CNA activities and CNA House - January 2, 2012
- PAHO/WHO Project in Commonwealth Caribbean - December 12, 2011
- 1965 International work
- 1969-1975 International Work - January 3, 2012
- Commonwealth Nurses Federation – West Africa, 1981 - December 12, 2011
- Encounters with Fidel Castro - December 22, 2011
- Autobiography Outline - December 12, 2011